Blue Bird Variation/ TPACK Quest

This is the Blue Bird pointe dance which is a known variation within the Sleeping Beauty Ballet. In terms of pointe dances, this once one of my favourite pieces to perform. This piece has always been somewhat of a motivation for me as to why I love to dance, and why dance, specifically ballet is such an amazing art form. The memory that gives me this passion is from when I was in grade nine of high school. When I stepped out onto the stage to perform the routine, the moment the lights came up I heard the voice of young girl whisper joyfully from the audience. "Mommy she's a beautiful princess, I want to be her when I grow up", were the words that she spoke, and words I will never forget. Watching ballet as a child always motivated me to be that graceful princess that I was watching on stage, and now to someone else, I was that role model, that princess that I had always dreamed of becoming. This is the routine that I wish to be able to perform once again, and the ultimate goal of my Genius Hour Project.



TPACK Quest Badge Post:

This post is part of the based earned through my tech class. This specific post earned my a badge for bonus points. Other badges earned throughout the course were: gamification, digital identity, digizen, PBL, PJBL, Digital Teacher, and Mobile Learning. My favourite badge to complete was the one above as it allowed me to explore dance videos on the internet. Another favourite badge to earn was the Mobile Learning Badge as this allowed me to explore various apps that could all be used in my classroom and aid both my teaching and students learning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME!!!

Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! I'm Shawna, a teacher candidate at Brock University, hoping to one day inspire students to be passionate about learn...