Welcome to my blog! I'm Shawna, a teacher candidate at Brock University, hoping to one day inspire students to be passionate about learning and and make appositive impact in their lives. Previous to becoming involved in this program at Brock University, I attended York University, where I was able to study my passions and graduate with a degree in Kinesiology as well as a minor in dance. Other passions of mine include travel, family, baseball and creativity. Alongside the theme of creativity, this blog and Genius Hour provide an outlet for that creativity.
Genius hour promotes creativity within the classroom by allowing students to explore their own passions and learn about the topics that inspire, interest and motivate them to be more involved in their learning experience. Genius hour is learning guided by the students own interest, passions, curiosity and knowledge that allow them to drive their own learning experience and become more involved and passionate about what they do.
Through this blog I hope to share with you my passions, my experiences, as well as take you along on the journey with me of my genius hour!
- Shawna M.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WELCOME!!!
Hi There!
Welcome to my blog! I'm Shawna, a teacher candidate at Brock University, hoping to one day inspire students to be passionate about learn...
-
Week 2 This week in math class we took a look at the following math problem "bagging eggs". After being given time to discuss ...
-
Week 4 This week in math class we continued looking at problem solving skills and strategies and how each students has their own uniq...
-
Week 3 This week in math class, we participated in an activity where I really noticed the different types of learned and multiple in...
No comments:
Post a Comment