Post #4- "Stretch Your Limits"

“In terms of withstanding incredible amounts of pain- both physical and emotional- I don’t thinks theres any better training than ballet".

-Julia Jones


This week when I got back into the studio - after most of the aches and pains had gone away, I got back to my stretching. After my normal warmup and after stretching through some of the soreness left from last week, I could tell that there was some great improvement. Now I could reach my toes easier and go further, I could hold my splits for more than 5 seconds without agonizing pain, and the range of motion in my hips was much greater. Stretches and movements in my newly regained range of motion were now starting to feel less temporary and more natural, and I just overall felt better about my body as I could comfortably move outside my everyday range motion.

This week since I felt more comfortable with my flexibility, I was able to add in more complex dance stretches that transferred more to the actual dance moves I would eventually be performing.

After this weeks stretching sessions I can honestly say that to me, I believe the progress I have made is great. Just from these two weeks of stretching I have gained a great amount of flexibility back to a level that I am very content with - not as great as it once was, but comparable.

Still after this weeks sessions - physically,  I was in pain, it hurt to walk.
Emotionally however, I was walking on air.

Just being able to be back in a studio, stretching and working on my technique like the good old days was very reminiscent. I was just simply so happy to be able to do what I loved again as I had truly missed it. As all the good, and not so good memories came back, it was almost like I had never left and now excites me for the following weeks when I get back in the studio to process on my Genius Hour and begin working on the next step - my technique.
Still stretching away in the studio. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME!!!

Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! I'm Shawna, a teacher candidate at Brock University, hoping to one day inspire students to be passionate about learn...